Advice On Applying
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for people who are passionate about teaching and have the potential to become outstanding teachers. Personal resilience, effective time management skills and commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for young people are essential.
- GCSE (or recognised equivalent) grade C/level 4 or above in English and Mathematics for secondary, also science for primary.
- Degree qualification. For Secondary teaching this should be at least 50% in the subject to be taught. Applicants may be able to undertake Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) in order to meet this criteria.
- Knowledge and understanding of the school environment is beneficial.
- Applicants for the salaried route must provide a full CV.
- Literacy and Numeracy Professional Skills Test Passes (see below)
Skills/ Characteristics Needed for Teacher Training
Applicants need to show what skills and experience they have gained from their work experience, as well as knowledge and understanding of an urban state school environment and its challenges.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of and ability to implement the school’s Equality of Opportunity policy.
- Presentation as a suitable role model.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Willingness to reflect on strengths and weaknesses for development and act on feedback.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to be organised and manage the requirements of school based training.
How you can prepare to apply to the Sharing Excellence Partnership
We recommend that you attend one of our recruitment events to find out more. Please check the Dunraven website for further information and details of how to book a place.
- Find out about the school, visit if possible, and find out about the training programme
- Revise and practise for the Professional Skills Tests (see below)
- If overseas trained, apply for your qualifications to be checked by NARIC for UK equivalency
- Have exam certificates to hand for checking or apply for replacements if necessary
- Contact referees in advance as your application is not complete until they have completed your reference
If you wish to send us a CV in advance of applying via UCAS, or if you have any questions please contact us via the e-mail address below.
Professional Skills Test
In order to enrol on a teacher training programme applicants must have literacy and numeracy Professional Skills Test passes.